Welcome to Hampton Vale Primary Academy
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Applications for parents or carers applying for a school place for their child outside of the usual school application times are currently suspended. Exceptional circumstances will be considered for families who have moved into the area or a child without a school place.
How do I register my child?
All applications are to be completed online using the links provided. This excludes Hampton Vale Primary Academy in year admissions. In this instance, you would need to visit the main office to complete an application form. Please may we advise you that you would need to bring 3 forms of ID.
This should be:
- Proof of where you (the parent/carer) live - utility bill, bank statement etc (less than 3 months old)
- Proof that your child lives with you (the parent / carer) - child tax credit or child benefit letter
- Proof of the child's date of birth - passport or birth certificate
Starting School In September
HAMPTON VALE PRIMARY ACADEMY IN YEAR APPLICATION PROCESS 2019/20
- Hampton Vale Primary Academy administer their own in year admissions from Year 1 to Year 6. (New reception intake and Year 6 transfer by law still have to be administered by the Local Authority)
- Application forms can be completed at the school office or for enquiries please phone 01733 247000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will not be accepted without:-
- Proof of age (passport or birth certificate)
- Proof of address (utility bill, bank statement etc less than 3 months old)
- Proof that the child lives with the parents (child tax credits,child benefit letter,medical card).
4. Application forms will be processed every Friday (term time only).
5. You will be informed of your child's place on the waiting list by email/letter within 10 days.
6. Measurement for in year admissions are done by using Google maps, it is measured by a straight line from the Academy to the home address.
7. When you are offered a place at the Academy we will hold the place for 1 week before offering it to the next person on the waiting list, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
8. If your child does not get offered a place at the Hampton Vale Primary Academy you have a right to appeal to the independent appeals panel, for more information please ring 01733 452589.
9. Hampton Vale Primary Academy must stress that when you complete our in year admission form you are only applying for our school, to apply for other Peterborough Schools you must contact the Local Authorities admission department on 01733 747474 or email email@example.com We must also stress that at most times of the year our Academy is full in all year groups and you may be waiting for a long while to get a place for your child.
September 2019 - July 2020
Hampton Vale Primary Academy allocate school places every Friday (term time only). The dates when allocations will be taking place and the deadline dates for receiving your application for it to be included in the allocation are shown below.
In Year School Transfers
This is when your child already has a school place but you wish to transfer them to another school.
Secondary School Transfer (Year 6 to Year 7)
Reception 2020 Appeals
Parents wishing to appeal their Reception 2020 place will need to click on the link below to take them to the Peterborough City Council website. It is recommended that they read the parents and carers guide to school admission appeals before submitting any appeal paperwork.
If you have any other questions or queries please contact our school office on
01733 247000 for more information.
Our PAN (Published Admissions Number) is 90 pupils per year group.
You can also click on the link to download and view the new admission policy for September 2020.