Governors work as a team that we call the Local Governing Committee.
They are responsible for ensuring the Academy provides a safe environment and outstanding quality education. This has the best chance of happening when there are high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
Governors also promote effective ways of teaching and learning when setting the school aims and policies. They do this together with the Headteacher , who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy.
The Local Governing Committee include governors who are;
- Parent Governors who are elected by parents at the Academy
- Staff Governors who are elected by staff at the Academy
- Co-opted Governors who are people appointed by the Committee and who, in the opinion of the Governors, has the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school
- The Headteacher is part of the group in an Ex-Officio capacity.
- The Clerk to Governors is to ensure the smooth running processes, meetings and policy review.
A Governor is appointed for a period of four years but may subsequently be eligible for re-appointment or re-election.