In anticipation of further disruption within the education sector, schools across the country have been asked to prepare a Remote Learning Plan that will allow a high standard of education to continue for all pupils regardless of the overarching situation.
Where a class, group or a small number of pupils need to self-isolate, or local restrictions require pupils to remain at home, schools are expected to have the capacity to offer immediate remote education.
Remote learning provides an opportunity for students and teachers to remain connected and engaged with the curriculum content while working from their homes.
At Hampton Vale, remote learning will be available to all children through Google Classroom or Tapestry depending on the age of the child.
Remote learning will be available in the following circumstances:
If the school is forced to close due to the pandemic
If a class bubble or year group is told to isolate
In the instance of a small group or individual needing to isolate, remote learning will take the form of isolation work booklets that will be shared with children via Google Classroom, post or collection from school.
Support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online include:
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carer
For further information or support regarding remote learning, please see the documentation below.